- I have one child at Romeo High, and the youngest in middle school
My background in automotive engineering, finance, budgeting, and education has given me a wealth of experience to be your next Washington Township Treasurer.
Why Vote for Mary?
Washington Township residents desire new forward thinking and leadership that can prepare for our township’s growth while maintaining our small-town values. In addition to the daily treasurer's responsibilities, I would:
- Address the high water bills and what's behind the costs
- Fight against the attempts to increase property taxes
- The incumbent Treasurer has voted numerous times to increase your taxes
- Improve our partnership with our Tri-Community Parks and Rec (Romeo, Bruce and Washington) and leverage our resources to keep our costs down rather than compete against each other. Washington does not have the tax base to support its own Parks and Rec.
- Put our residential neighborhoods first by improving our Master Development Plan and ensure proper planning and zoning for residential, commercial, and industrial growth
- Help create a walkable downtown area for our residents and keep our small town charm
- Be transparent and show current resources and projected business plans for residents to have a vote. Within these plans would include our variable costs, capital, overhead, and bond investment.
- Reevaluate selling bonds for many projects endangering our financial sustainability
- Change the way our township board votes on new business items. Most times, new items are brought to the board and voted on within the same meeting. I would advocate that the board publicly review crucial items two times prior to a vote. This will improve transparency and allow the residents a voice.
- Our fire department is vital to our township's growth. We need to support our senior centers, elderly, and increasing population. We need to stop wasting money on lawsuits and frivolous projects and give support to our first responders.
PAID FOR BY CTE Mary Berlingieri